Oral Health Care Steps From Your Peoria & Glendale Cosmetic Dentist
In order to maintain good oral hygiene while combating bad breath, gum disease, and the prevention of cavities, our dentists at Your Family Dentist, PC offers six simple steps to help you maintain a healthy smile.
Following these six steps will help you take charge of your oral health:
- Brush Twice Daily – It is important to brush your teeth at least twice a day—typically in the morning and at night. This is essential to the maintenance of your oral hygiene regimen because it helps to eliminate bacteria. Discuss with Dr. Yati Yadav, cosmetic dentist, for further information on the best toothbrushes and toothpastes to use.
- Floss Daily – In addition to brushing your teeth, you should also floss daily to reach places your toothbrush cannot reach. There are different types of dental floss available today—talk to your dentist today for more information on what floss you should be using.
- Utilize mouthwash – With mouthwash, it is an easy way to eliminate bacteria when you cannot brush after eating. While brushing and flossing remain the most important parts of your regimen, mouthwash can be an added benefit.
- Maintain a Healthy Diet – Not only should you eat properly to maintain your overall well-being, it is also important to establish a proper diet to ensure your oral health.
- Quit Smoking – When you smoke or use chewing tobacco you are increasing your chances of developing gum disease. If you quit smoking, you are taking the next step toward healthy gums and teeth. Limit sugar intake – By limiting your sugar intake, you can protect your teeth from damage because sugary substances left on teeth will create dental cavities if not removed quickly.
By following these simple steps you can create a healthier smile. As your dentist in Peoria and Glendale, AZ, Dr. Yati Yadav is available to help you properly care for your oral health. Through brushing, flossing and eating healthy diet, you can continue to help your smile sparkle.